- A quarter of all food produced globally is thrown away
- 6 % of global greenhouse gas emissions come from wasted food
- Global plastic production and end-of-life management releases CO2e equivalent to 189 coal-fired power plants annually
- Plastic refining is one of the most greenhouse gas intensive industries in the manufacture sector
- Waste accounts for 5 % of global greenhouse gas emissions
- More reuse and recycling reduces demand for extraction of new materials
- I will organise a beach clean-up with my friends
- I will compost food waste at home
- I will use a refillable water bottle
- I will take a reusable cup when visiting a coffee shop
- I will find and shop at a local zero-waste shop
- I will set up a neighbourhood swap group
- I will ask my local council to recycle more materials
- I will reuse bags, pots and tubs wherever I can
Want to know more? The links below are great extra reading about all things waste and climate change.
What actions will you take? Share you plans with us on social media using #ClimateOfChange so we can cheer you on. Don't forget to explore the other positive possibility themes, too.
Click the button below to download a PDF copy of this information to print out and share with friends.