- Beef emits 60 times more CO2e compared to beans for the same amount of protein
- Of all habitable land on Earth, agriculture takes up 50 % - of global agricultural land 77 % is used for livestock, yet this only produces 17 % of global calorie supply
- A quarter of global greenhouse gas emissions come from food production
- Animal agriculture accounts for 14,5 % of global greenhouse gas emissions
- Water usage accounts for 6 % of total UK greenhouse gas emissions
- I will speak to my local supermarket to reduce plastic packaging
- I will take short showers rather than baths
- I will eat more plants and less meat
- I will cook at least one plant-based meal a week
- I will ask if the restaurant food I am ordering is sustainable
- I will drink tap water rather than buy bottled water
- I will start growing my own vegetables
- I will ask my family to join a local veg box initiative
- I will encourage my school to serve more plant-based meals
- I will take colder or fewer showers
- I will try to eat more seasonal foods
Want to know more? The links below are great extra reading about all things food, water and climate change.
What actions will you take? Share you plans with us on social media using #ClimateOfChange so we can cheer you on. Don't forget to explore the other positive possibility themes, too.
Click the button below to download a PDF copy of this information to print out and share with friends.